2023 : What a Year
GOAL : Expected result (assumes linear progress)
ALL : Average achievement (all objectives)
GAP = GOAL - ALL
- Infrastructure upgrades and standardization
- Continue to increase portion of resources spend on company's primary mission
- Proprietary QTD trading platform (beta) reaches 99% uptime KPI
- Play-side technology is now a first class citizen
2023 was an important year. As a company that began it's life building hundreds and then thousands of custom trading applications, before migrating to products and now services, our technology platform has always been a heterogenous mix of solutions that had done a good job. However this year we elected to standardize our technology stack and deployment pipelines to a greater degree than we have previously.
We believe this will create opportunities such as:
- Easier developer movement between projects and products
- Building of better services through repeated learnings on same infrastructure
- Aligning our software support schedules to more closely coincide with Microsoft's LTS support schedules for .NET
- Reduction of some support costs
- More time for improvements and innovations
Our company objectives for 2023 struck a balance between these more predictable infrastructure goals against with a larger than ever number of objectives directly aligned with the company's primary mission. This resulted in an increase in our average objective GAP from previous years.